Steps to do the Netgear EX2700 Setup
The Netgear EX2700 setup will provide you internet in the farthest corners of your home. Follow the following steps to do the Netgear EX2700 setup:
Now there are two ways to connect the Netgear EX2700.
Either you could connect using the WPS or WiFi protected setup (WPS). This allows you to connect to a secure WiFi network. And it is not essential to enter your network username and password.
Or you could connect using the NETGEAR installation assistant. And you have to use your device’s Web browser to connect using the NETGEAR installation assistant.
There is another way to setup the Netgear EX2700, but for that, you require the Netgear Nighthawk app.
Netgear N300 EX2700 Setup using WPS
Follow these steps to do the Netgear EX2700 Setup (N300) by using the WPS mode:
● Firstly, turn on your Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender.
● Also, keep your extender and router close to each other.
● Now connect your extender to the power outlet.
● Then wait till the Power LED on your Netgear EX2700 turns green.
● After then, press the extender’s WPS button.
Your router and extender connection are good if the extender's Status LED turns green. And if the Status LED turns blue, that also means that the connection is good. But if the LED is amber or red, then move your extender and router close to each other.
Also, the extender will try to connect with your router’s 5GHz band if the router supports the 5GHz band connection. But if it failed to do so, connect with Netgear customer support.
● Then move the extender to any new location.
● To better check the connection, try to connect the device with your wifi in the places which provide poor wifi coverage.
● Lastly, connect your device with the extended network.
Netgear EX2700 Setup using the installation assistant
Follow these steps to do the Setup using the installation assistant:
● Firstly, Power on the Netgear N300 EX2700 extender.
● Then bring your extender closer to your router.
● Also, connect the extender with the power outlet.
● Then connect the router and extender.
● Open your device’s web browser and search for www.mywifiext.net in the search bar.
● You will find the Netgear installation assistant.
● Then follow the on-screen instructions to connect your extender with your WiFi network.
● Also, change the extender’s location.
● If the extender is not getting a proper connection, bring the extender close to each other until the extender’s Link Status LED light turns white.
● Once you find the appropriate location for your extender, connect your device with the extender’s network.
Netgear EX2700 Setup using the Nighthawk app
The Netgear N300 EX2700 is a mesh extender, and it extends your existing WiFi router’s range.
You can also use the Nighthawk app to setup your Netgear EX2700 extender. You can download the Nighthawk app on both Android and IOS devices.
Follow these steps to setup the extender using the Nighthawk app:
● Firstly, check that your router is connected properly to the internet.
● Then enter your Router’s SSID (network name) and password.
● Now, power on the Netgear N300 EX2700 extender.
● Also, download the Nighthawk app on your device.
● Open the Nighthawk app on your device.
● Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to setup the Netgear WiFi extender. It will also tell you about how you could connect it to the internet.
After trying all the above three methods, if you still cannot setup your extender, you might need to call a technician.
Troubleshooting steps for Netgear EX2700 extender
If you are having issues with your Netgear EX2700, try these troubleshooting steps:
● Firstly, check that your extender is getting an adequate power supply from the power source.
● Also, check the wire which is connecting the extender to the power supply. Make sure that it is not damaged.
● Now check the High-speed internet connection using your device.
● Make sure that all the wired connections are good, none of the wire is damaged.
● And do not place your extender close to the walls, room corners, fish tanks, Bluetooth devices, aluminum studs, metal objects, microwave ovens, cordless phones, etc.
● If you are experiencing issues while opening the mywifiext.net page, make sure you have entered the correct URL.
● Also, try to power-cycle the extender and then again set it up.
● Make sure that the web browser you are using to open mywifiext.net is updated to its latest version.
● Also, update the Netgear extender’s firmware.
● But if the issue is still not resolved, you might have to reset the extender to factory settings.
How to update the extender’s firmware
If your extender cannot provide you the adequate speed, even after setting it up manually, you may have to update its firmware.
The Firmware is the set of instructions installed on your device. In simple terms, the firmware is the operating system specific to a particular make and model of the device.
Follow these instructions to update your extender’s firmware:
● Firstly, power on the Netgear N300 EX2700 wifi extender.
● Then connect your router with your extender.
● Now open any web browser on your device.
● Now search for mywifiext.net in the search bar of your browser.
● Then enter your username and password in the respective fields.
● Now open the settings menu, and tap on the Firmware upgrade option.
● Also, mark the check button.
● If the page shows you any pending Firmware upgrade, then click on the Yes button.
● Lastly, Wait till the Netgear EX2700 firmware updates.
Congratulations, your firmware is successfully updated.